1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Olberman Has His Wings Clipped

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

She's a Rhodes scholar, what does she have to be angry about?

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Maybe he's gotten away from it in recent years, but I remember seeing him do it in the past. Certainly he's not as opinionated as Cavuto or as unhinged as Gibson, though.

And Boom70, was the "angry lesbian" comment necessary? Stay classy, man.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I've wondered the same thing Mostly she seems angry at the big mean Republicans.

4. Simon_Cowbell

No.

You are simply a misanthrope.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

On the list of Angriest Pundits on U.S. Television, Maddow surely isn't even in the top 10. But, hey, the man had the chance to use an "angry lesbian" stereotype, and he wasn't going to let reality stand in his way. Gotta admire the perseverance, if nothing else.

6. Simon_Cowbell

One thing about the Olbermann 9/11 screed....

He was right.

It's embarrassing the Republicans are trying to capitalize on this national tragedy.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I did think she was trying pretty hard to sound like Olberman on her debut show. But hell congrats to her on getting her own show. It's nice to see a woman promoted in this business. Too many stiff white men running things. I disagree with her on a majority of issues, but it's a different voice. I'd rather watch her nightly than Olberwellian.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

So which is it, the fact that he didn't respond to yet another Fox News PR department missive planted in Page Six (and you are absolutely wrong that he addresses each one) or that it must be true because you know people who know people who can't spell Bellevue?

9. markvid

markvid Guest

Wow, me, being a non-NYC resident, spelled the place wrong. Gee, that oughtta shoot down what I've heard.
    Look. He's nuts. Accept it.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The question isn't his general mental health, which I have no idea about and therefore have no reason to "accept". It is the fact that you said that there were "many sources" for the assassination allegation. And so far, there aren't any except the gossip column of a Murdoch owned paper which is obsessed with Olbermann and seems to only cite "insiders" or unnamed sources on most items involving him.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, since O'Really is incapable of carrying his own water . . .

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

More from NY Observer:

http://www.observer.com/2008/media/hard-fall-what-happened-nbc

Draft saved Draft deleted