1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oklahoma football now winless in 2005

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Any writer out there want to share the expletive-laced reply Quinn issued when sought for comment?

2. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

As a college football coach once said, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin..."

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm not worried.

My alma mata will make it through....

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It duz seems like the USC/Bush fiasco has "quieted" since Draft Day 2006.....

OU will appeal this issue solely on the basis of the Holiday Bowl outcome. They've already been screwed by Oregon once.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

"...and it's only cheating if you get caught."

Nothing say cheating than the SEC and the old SWC.  The biggest crooks in college sports.  ;D

6. Danny Noonan

Danny Noonan Member

Ah, the great old days of Jackie Sherrill and bull castration. ;)

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

My first lesson when it to the family jewels was Jackie Sherrill and that bull. If he would have gotten his hands on Bevo, Texas would still be in a civil war to end all civil wars.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I would also love to hear what JD Quinn said that didn't get printed.

9. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I absolutely agree. When the NCAA voids victories and a team is listed as 0-4 or whatever, the only people really affected are the sports writers who have to find ways to write around that or explain it in every damn article. I dealt with this almost daily on my beat covering the NCAA men's basketball tournament this season. Pain in my fookin' arse, it was.

10. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Handling the forfeit/vacated/erased issue in this fashion allows the NCAA and the bowls to weasel out of embarrassing realities.
    Otherwise, based upon the long and distinguished history of cheating by SEC schools, Vanderbilt would have received retroactive Sugar Bowl invitations covering 1980 to 1995 some time around 2002.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

J.D. Quinn telling a TV guy to "get a real job"

Says the guy who didn't have a real job. Irony at its best.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Okay I officially like the phrase "voids victories" only because of the umm, bathroom related connotations of "voids"

Draft saved Draft deleted