1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OKC media vs. OKC Thunder

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JackReacher, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

I thought he was a dick.

2. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Westbrook is just a whiner. He can't face facts he's tough to play with. Durant wanted out, couldn't stand playing with him because it's his way or no way. So ball dominant. Could tell he wanted to stand up and be a leader because he wants to come off like a leader; but it came off like he has to be in control. Westbrook is about him. Was in post-game with Taj Gibson last night and asked about FA this offseason and Westbrook and everyone in there knows he's leaving lol.

Russ putting up numbers and really trying for the assists and rebounds and then fourth quarter hero ball time. 54 assists in Houston series 6 in the fourth quarter. 28 percent shooting in the fourth.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I remember when I was a kid I would sometimes be surprised to learn about a team that was just a little before my time. Like, 'oh wow, the Celtics had Cedric Maxwell along with Bird, Parish and McHale.'

Now I imagine some kid today finding out OKC once had Durant,Westbrook and Harden, plus Ibaka for good measure.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

What is it about the NBA that makes people post bizarro shit like this?

The Thunder's problem is that it's a borderline D-league roster except for Russ. In the final game the Thunder was minus-18 when Westbrook was on the bench. He only sat for six minutes.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the more sane argument that I gravitate toward is this - Players seemed to degrade this year, playing with Westbrook. Westbrook tended to dominate the ball. I don't think it's hard to then speculate that the way he plays probably hurts the development and team synergy. Now, I think the sample size is too small to say it definitively, but I don't think its an outlandish theory.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Except the numbers are pretty clear on this. The Thunder is very good when Westbrook is on the floor. They are horrendous when he is not.

In game 5 he played 42 minutes. The Thunder was plus-13 during those 42 minutes. They were MUCH better than the Rockets.

He was on the bench for only 6 minutes. During those 6 minutes they were minus-18. That's beyond horrible.

Those numbers aren't unusual. That's how the Thunder operates. The team is a disaster when Westbrook's not on the floor... and then people blame him for the loss.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

But, I think part of my argument would be that if he's dominating the ball when he is in there, it's then hard for the players to flip the switch when he's out.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

So like 95 percent of this board?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

At my overly-family-friendly gym, saw two kids in Westbrook jerseys, one in Steph, one in Kobe.

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

But without the talent.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will...

Draft saved Draft deleted