1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay SJ gentlemen members, tell us the truth!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, May 18, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Good lord, people, it was a throwaway line. I know there plenty of good men here.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Hey, I'm not claiming to be one of them. But I know there are some fine gentlemen around here -- people like boots spring to mind.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I always ask before going ATM, and that makes me a gentleman in my own eyes.

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I know that there are, but I want to really know if this article holds true. Idaho, boots does comes to mind for me too.

5. Thank 'ee, ma'am.

[​IMG]

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That's not good enough, dammit. People are offended, and they want apologies now, and if we they don't get them immediately, we they are going to hold their breath until we they turn blue.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

One question about that story: it said that 80-plus percent of women say they have been grinded? ground? from behind. But does that mean 80 percent of men are serial grinders? Presumably, if a woman in the study has been out 100 times to a bar, and the grinding happened once, that's included in the 80-plus percent.

I haven't been in the singles scene for a while, but I would suspect most men still employ, as their first approach, a hideously clumsy line.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bob, did you wash those pants in Windex?

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I know how to treat a lady.
    [​IMG]

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Yes, I can see that you do

11. The local TV sports guy at my old stop was a serial grinder.
    So much so, he would go out on the dance floor and grind (more like dry hump!) on a chick until he came in his pants.
    Clincher: He (all 6-foot-7) would raise his hand in the air and countdown til, ahem, blast off.

Of course this is the same guy who during a broadcast counted Ric Flair as his personal all-time favorite sports hero.

Not that there is anything wrong with that ....

12. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I can't dance, so I think that removes me from this conversation.

Draft saved Draft deleted