1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay SJ gentlemen members, tell us the truth!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, May 18, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20070518/singles_bars_070518/20070518?hub=TopStories

I want to know if there is any truth to this article. I don't frequent these bars (that would explain a lot ;D), but I am shocked :eek:

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

First problem: There are no gentlemen here.

3. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA, well played

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Actually, IJAG, After I posted this, I realized that. ;D I am waiting for that one guy to say, "I am most certainly a gentleman".....then I want to see his defence of the argument ::)

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What the story doesn't say is if the grinding is just random, or if it happens while you're dancing.

I've grinded in the process of dancing, but it's not like I'd walk up to a random woman and start rubbing my junk into hers.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah. ::)

7. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Just give me a second to wipe away the tears (that article was FUCKING hilarious). Now onto the serious side. Does that sort of thing happen in college-type atmospheres? Of course, but then again, this may be a much bigger surprise to others than it is to me as I am still in school (grad school mind you) and still live in a college town. I'm not necessarily condoning it, I'm just saying that it does indeed happen.

P.S. Second funniest part of that article: #1 female preferred method for men initiating contact: buying them a drink

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Probably true. However, when I was single I tried my best to impersonate one when attempting to meet women. Memory fades in middle age and after 13 years with one woman, but I do not recall such over-the-top behavior anywhere I went, least of all by me. Pelvis-to-pelvis grinding at the bar? Why, there likely would have been no reason after that to ask, "Your place or mine?"

9. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I'd like to say that I'm pretty close to a gentleman, despite my Polish background. I will say this, though: I have enough common sense to realize that I have absolutely no business on the dance floor, therefore, I'd never just start bumping and grinding with some random woman from behind. I mean, what if she turns around and looks like this:

[​IMG]

Just buying a pretty lady a drink and saying hello is good enough for me.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not ALL of us are zagoshe.

11. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Gawd, that is a hideous visage.

That said, I'll be the first to say I'm a perfect gentleman. :)

12. RedCanuck

RedCanuck Active Member

Why I'd like to think of myself as a gentleman, and I don't often frequent those bars either.

Draft saved Draft deleted