1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

ok, this man wins the most talented (and demented?) fan award...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Oct 21, 2012.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/one_fans_giant_labor_of_love.html#incart_river

geez louise. which nfl pregame or weekly show ('inside the nfl' type) makes this grandpa famous for 15 minutes? ??? ??? ???

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That's not even top 10000000 on the "most demented" scale.

Good on him. He had the money and the time. My dad's 66 and retired and is slowly losing his mind from boredom. He just mows the grass in a large field his neighbor has for 7 hours a day. I say good on this guy for finding something that gave him passion and joy.

He's not hurting anyone. Why judge?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Is a tiny Jimmy Hoffa buried in concrete there?

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's awesome.
    Do the ramps have little woman-shaped figures flashing their boobs, for when the Jets are playing?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Doesn't see a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I remember getting an issue of Sport magazine as a kid in about 1987 and reading about a guy who had built a similar replica of either Maple Leaf Gardens or the Forum in Montreal so this isn't that far out there.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

"Don Martini" is a cool name.

8. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

Yeah, he's retired and had the money. Plus the article states he had built a bunch of other things on the large scale. I see nothing wrong with this.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Roger Goodell doesn't like the guy. Shockey was just passing word along.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nice project for him. But got to wonder what they do with it after he's gone.

For sale: Four-bedroom, two-bath house in suburbs. Big rooms, lots of light, great kitchen. Massive replica of Giants Stadium in garage.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

didnt intend to come off as judgmental. i was obviouslt 'wowed' enuf to post it. i think i added the 'demented' crack to neat away SportsJournalists.comers i feared would blow this off with a 'get a life, grandpa' attitude. i'm very happy others are as impressed as i was! this is way cool, no?

i really suck if most folks thought i was posting this in mockery; i'm inept trying to 'create' a paper airplane worth a crap, let along someting like this. i am in awe of this martini fellow. 8)

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I was impressed with the writer. How easy would it have been, especially at a non-Podunk paper, to blow off the call of somebody saying you should do a story about this guy who built a stadium in his garage.

Draft saved Draft deleted