1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK. Serious BALCO questions... Please no idiocy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Actually I've found Creamora's posts to be pretty insightful and for the most part accurate and in many ways clairvoyant.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Little something on your chin, there, boomer.

3. creamora

creamora Member

For those who may have an interest, I like to have fun, too. I do have a lot of information that might be of interest to journalists. However, dealing with all the hate and bias makes it difficult to present the truth here. As the saying goes, "You ca only teach those who are willing to learn." In general, the receptivity to the truth is minimal.However, there are a few who rtealize not to throw out the baby with the bath water.
    I do know this much. I know a hundred times more about the case than Good Doctor, outofplace and all their little friends put together. They just can't seem to be able to take off the blinders. Maybe it is because I like to have a bit of fun and they seem to be so hostile and take thigs so seriously.
    I will continue to provide insight for those who are receptive. All in all, I like the playground.Did you see that Maurice Greene and the HSI track club is going down in flames soon?

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Baby. Bathwater. Frying pan. Fire.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/sports/13doping.html?hp

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have no doubt you know more about the case than me. You should, given who you are. I don't hate you. Why would I? But until you post something of value regarding the BALCO case, not more of your "Ha ha, BALCO rules, Chronicle drools" bullshit, I will continue to ridicule you.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Let's be honest, here, creamora. The "truth" you say you bring is your particular brand of the truth in all this. You're just another dude who is adamant that dammit, "MY side has to get out there TOO!!!!!"

Which of course makes you no different than most sources we deal with. I would guess - and hope - that some interested parties in position to cover something like BALCO and steroids further have or should have PMed you, even if for no other reason than the fact that no person presenting themselves as a potential source should ever be dismissed out of hand. Even a rudimentary conversation would be in order, just to see if a source can truly establish his or her bonafides (is that one word or two? I never remember . . .).

I understand why you haven't posted much of undeniable substance regarding this case. Would be foolhardy to bring what might be inside information on an Internet message board for all to see. I do hope some of the posters here have PMed you and found your information helpful. I hope you're not just selling snake oil.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Considering how many people on this board have never once posted anything of 'value' it seems fairly ridiculous to hold creamora to a higher standard.

How about if we all just decide for ourselves, instead of every BALCO related thread being trashed?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How about we reserve the right to call bullshit when he posts bullshit.

creamora, you have never been interested in posting the truth here and you have been attacking other posters and journalists in general from day one. So please spare us this victim act. It's just not true.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

You want the right to call bullshit--again--have at it. He also has the right to post, and others have the right to be interested. You think he's full of crap, we get it. Again.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you want us all to play nice no matter how much bullshit he spread or how much he behaves like an ass. We get it. Again.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't care if you play nice. He's the one playing....like a cat with a cheap ball of yarn.

What's your worry, that he's going to sully up the great integrity of the board? Use up all the bandwidth so there's less room for whether guys should shit or shave first? Sway the public into believing that steroids are healthy and Barry Bonds should be the next president?

Ragu started this thread, raising some good questions. If you're not interested, why not just find another thread? The BALCO story is going to be around for a while. Do we have to repeat this melodrama every time?

12. XXI,
    Well said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.