1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, please tell me what we did in college was cooler than this ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Dec 14, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/37004/watch-a-monster-sized-lip-dub-of-lady-gagas-hits/

Yeah, so ... well, let the video speak for itself.

My question is this. I know, for me personally, I looked back on college as a time where I did a lot of cool things. Surely the outside world wouldn't have looked at my endless bouts of wiffleball on the quad and laser tag as lame as I'm looking at this. Right? Right?

To be fair, though, that is impressive. I know that in my college, getting anyone together ... for anything ... was a task. Kudos to these kids for having the time (and patience) to see this one through.

2. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Could be worse. Could have been a Stevie Nicks song.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought college these days was just one long sequence of threesomes.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My daughter's high school did one of these recently. The whole school was in it, and we are talking one of those big-ass Texas suburban schools. Plus, my daughter's one of the "lead" characters in it. Pretty cool stuff.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Did the local paper cover it?

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Someone once compared our dorm to a nursing home. "All we do is sit around and play cards all day while bitching about the government."

7. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Does anyone drink or do drugs anymore?

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not well.

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Nope. Didn't find out until one of the other characters' parents called us about it that day.

10. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I blame it all on Glee.

11. CRR13

CRR13 Member

The Today Show tried to recreate it. Let's say the Emerson College one was better.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I didn't watch the video, but is this the same thing they did on Modern Family a few episodes back.

I don't have a problem with it, but it doesn't mean there would have been a snowballs chance in hell that I would have participated.

Then again, I didn't eat meat for a month in college because I was trying to nail this hot hippie chick. So we do stupid things in college.

Draft saved Draft deleted