1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK liberals and other Democrat fans....you get Congress back. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Actually Zeke, that might work for a Post of the Year.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, when more than 60 percent of your constituents disagree with your "leadership," you have to wonder how much "leading" you are actually doing.

Besides leading us into a war that was cooked up in 1994, and using 9/11 to do so, on what issues has this administration "lead"?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And a candidate for STUPID POST OF THE YEAR.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Leading the American people down the garden path" is not a positive attribute.

That "lead" nonsense is right up there with "the President does not waiver" silliness. All it means is he can't hold two contradictory thoughts at the same time.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

"Led" you mean?

He's scattered the rats, that's for sure. In the Middle East, Korea and other places. You think the guys with the camels were simply going to play nice as long as we were passive? Sure.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"Guys with the camels"?

Why don't you just come out and call them ragheads. Ignorant tool

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A lot of people will say that it's too "soon" for Obama to run.

I say it's now . . . or never.

If he doesn't in 2008, and a Dem happens to win, he can't run in 2012 (because the Dem incumbent will run).

If he doesn't run in 2008, and a Republican happens to win . . . you can bet your ass we'll be at war with SOMEBODY in 2012 . . . and Americans don't change presidents during a war.

That makes it 2008 . . . or 2016 for Obama.

We can't just piss away eight years like that. JFK was 43 when he was president. Teddy Roosevelt was 42. Obama will be 47 in 2008. Too soon? No way. The Republicans are praying for Hillary. Obama is their worst nightmare . . . no long voting history that can be misinterpreted . . . no war record from 30 years ago that can be swiftboated.

Regarding 2007 and beyond: Yes, the Dems will raise taxes . . . on people who make more than $200,000. Why ANYONE on sportsjournalists.com would care one iota about that is beyond me.

And we will TALK to our enemies. Not appease them (as the GOP usually equates talking with), but talk to them. What a concept.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I think McCain, a GOP last I checked, suggested we need to talk..actually, he said "listen" to those who disagree with us. So this isn't a "Democratic Party" monopoly of thought.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think he talked about a "global war on terror" and then OK'ed the war that had been in the works since before the first WTC bombing.

Why, I have no earthly idea. But history will not judge him kindly for it.

And lets leave the racist and xenophobic remarks out of this and talk about the issues.

Invading Iraq was a terrible idea. History will record it as such.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Reduced prices on good pastrami sandwiches.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And those historians you speak of will be embracing Saddam Hussein as a "Man of Dignity"..probably apologizing for not giving him the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979 through 2001, at least in odd-numbered years.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It IS the most sensual of the salted, cured meats.

Draft saved Draft deleted