1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK liberals and other Democrat fans....you get Congress back. Now what?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Oct 19, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Tony, I'm sorry, but you are absolutely and totally full of shit here. You have been asked to identify just which innocents Democrats "kill" and yet you spew off more vitriol. My conclusion: You're actually a sexually frustrated wannabe whose only joy in life comes in stirring up shit.

Republicans favor the death penalty (so do I, by the way, though I'm a Democrat), but the death penalty is a very flawed system and you absolutely could not stand up and legitimately say no innocent person has ever been executed in the U.S.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nothing will change. Even when the Democrats win the White House in a couple of years, nothing will change.

When will you people realize there's not a dime's difference between ANY politician in Washington, Springfield, New York, Boston, Chicago, Arkansas or anywhere else?

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't read Tony's post incorrectly. He was serious. Yikes.

Further proof that there should be minimal admission requirements around here.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I've wondered the same thing with him sometimes. Guy makes for interesting discussion, I must say that.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Psst. He's blathering about abortion.

You know, that case that was decided in 1973 . . . in the middle of a REPUBLICAN administration . . . and which has survived 33 years later, 21 of which have been ruled by a REPUBLICAN administration . . . and which will never be overturned, even if Republicans win every election until 2638.

But if people still want to make this a "hot button" election issue . . . whatever.

6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've said this since my first constitutional law class in college, and I believe it as strongly now as I did then: Roe vs. Wade will never be overturned. Never.

And the political party that is going to make damn sure it stays legal -- to keep the freezer full of political red meat for the base -- is not the one you think.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It's also the Hebrew word for "lightning" (calling back on limited knowledge of four years suffering through Hebrew school...)

And BTE left out in his excellent post that it was a REPUBLICAN-appointed justice (the late Harry Blackmun) who wrote the majority opinion on that aforementioned 1973 case.

Carry on, Tony. The board awaits your next shining moment of idiocy.

8. Scribe4264

Scribe4264 Member

Finally, after spending an hour reading the posts on this dubious website, I finally found someone who actually has a clue.

The rest of you might want to strive to be more like TBF when you eventually decide to grow up.

9. Yes.
    Tom Delay = John Lewis
    Abraham Lincoln = Spiro Agnew
    Ronald Reagan = Warren Harding

Very mature attitude indeed to have in a self-governing Republic.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

So the definition of growing up is to throw your hands in the air like ya' just don't care and accept that no matter what you do, your life is doomed to be dominated by a bad government? Please hand me a gun so I can shoot myself, then, because apparently trying to make any sort of difference is a futile gesture.

I've actually got a better idea scribe. Why don't you shoot yourself and let the rest of the grown ups actually try to make a difference.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Growing up sucks

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Well, that settles that. Thank you for gracing this dubious website with your magnificent wisdom. I'm sure the single post from you is all that is necessary now that everyone is clued in.

Draft saved Draft deleted