1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, it's my turn to be on a game show...and yours to help! (updated on Page 2)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Sam's brother. He's the ugly one.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Pall and Norm: Dead. To. Me.

Carl is NPR's veteran newsman. He has a radio newsman's voice, and I get him all to myself for about 30 seconds.

The pressure is killing me!

I'm thinking (god help us all) of going at least part haiku.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm thinking he needs to say "What's your damage?" at some point, but maybe that's just me.

5. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Obviously, IJAG, you need to call in the big guns to script this thing.

Jones would be the first choice ... if he's off smoking Cuban cigars and/or searching for a new hometown, then try Bubbler.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: OK, it's my turn to be on a game show...and yours to help! (updated on Page

So many ways to go with this. First off, Sam Cassell is fun to talk to, so if I had him like you do, I'd insist on 30 minutes, not 30 seconds. And I'd want video to go with it. And when the 30 minutes was up, I'd have him throw in the words "ET, phone home!" just for the hell of it. But that's just me.

If you really don't want to put much thought into this, just have him say:

"Uh oh, scoreboard again!! Bottom line, Carl Kassell doesn't want to hear from loser wannabe haters who have no game. I am tired of the peanut gallery who bring nothing but hate to the table. I have you beat COLD in all areas & always have. But leave a message if you are demonstrably, provably hot and 18 to 34."

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Short, to the point, and weeds out people you don't want to hear from.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be "looser" wannabe?

If this is for IJAG it should mention Jake Gylelelelelelelelelellelelelelelenhall.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Just have him riff on some Mitch Hedberg material. :D

9. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Great job on NPR, IJAG! I actually sat in the car in my office parking lot to hear every last word. Too bad you didn't get to talk a little more... but the NASCAR jokes were inevitable. :-\

The podcast is supposed to be available online in another hour or so, for those who don't want to listen to an actual radio.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love the fact that you've heard it before I have.

:(

Never mind, I'm listening to it right now. I still sound like I'm 12. :(

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Is it on the site now? I just went there for what appeared to be this week's show, but some dude from Seattle who had moved from Rwanda was the Who's Carl This Time? contestant.

EDIT: Wait (wait), I see two WCTT segments.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Um, good work dude. You just outed IJAG!

Draft saved Draft deleted