1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK. It's Dusty Here. Anyone See This TD?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It is.

This principal has been at the elementary school for about 10 years.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I once asked my cousin, who had the brother with Aspergers, if she thought it was harder on her parents to have a kid with Aspergers than if he had been autistic or some other mental handicap (she does a lot of work with autistic kids) and she said it would probably be different to compare. She said with Aspergers, you're probably scared more of social interaction than with an autistic kid, but as she pointed out, "He was able to leave for college at 18, most autistic kids can't do that."

Aspergers is one of the craziest diseases I've ever seen up close, because there's virtually no sympathy for someone who every time he opens his mouth says the most inappropriate stuff. I'm guilty of this as well, because if I'm at a family function and I see him, I run the other direction. He has a sixth sense about walking up to people and pointing out their shortcomings in the span of time that it takes most people to say hello. I've had people laugh when I describe it to them, but it's not funny at all.

He's held the same job for almost 20 years because he's 1. Brilliant and offers a lot. 2. Has a boss who doesn't let anyone (including himself) communicate with my cousin by any way other than email.

3. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

In one high school districts it's generally who you know (or better yet, who you're related to) way more than what you know.

Draft saved Draft deleted