1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, it's CHRISTMAS NIGHT and you want to take in a movie.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 18, 2006.

?

Which of the following do you pay money for?

1. Rocky Balboa

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. We Are Marshall

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Good Shephard looks REALLY good.

2. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

The familly and I will probably see the Will Smith flick.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Are these our only two choices?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, being a Jew on Christmas also meant that you got to play football on a bigger field. We usually go away, but a couple of years ago, we were home in Manhattan and tried to get movie tickets. At a place with 8 screens, every movie was sold out for the night by noon. Foiled at the movies, we were forced to keep up one part of the tradition by eating Chinese food.

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

This "tradition" is another veiled Hollywood front on the War on Christmas. If you don't love your family enough to suffer, you don't love the baby Jesus. Yes, Virginia they hate America too.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The War on Christimas...didn't we already address this in about 3,000 other threads? It's a war, by the way, that "they" are losing. Christmas isn't going anywhere. Relax. Chill. Go back to work.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sadly, yes, because everyone knows only two movies will be playing come Christmas.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On Christmas Day, after opening presents, I'm going to go kick down other people's decorations and steal their toys because I'm waging a War on Christmas.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Can I join your War on Christmas, Alley? I can kick people's dogs and poison their egg nog.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Alley, I enjoy setting fire to Christmas trees and ass-raping grandmas...can I be a colonel in the War on Christmas?

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

DeNiro directed it... for some reason, that gives me pause.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Yikes... All but three of the Fresh reviews had major disclaimers attached.

I will wait for Netflix on this one, barring Academy nomination.

Draft saved Draft deleted