1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, it's CHRISTMAS NIGHT and you want to take in a movie.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Dec 18, 2006.

?

Which of the following do you pay money for?

1. Rocky Balboa

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  2. We Are Marshall

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  1. printdust

printdust New Member

I'll take Marshall, but my kid wants Balboa....he pulls out the five-movie package and watches it incessantly. Sick, I know.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Doesn't Black Christmas debut on Christmas?

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I will have seen Rocky by then... so... Marshall.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Unless you're Jewish, you don't go to the movies on Christmas.

Or as a Jewish co-worker says on his last day of work before Christmas: "To my Christian friends, Merry Chistmas. To my Jewish friends, see you at the movies."

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh, but you do if you go to your parents house and everyone is asleep by 9 except dad, who wants to read in peace and quiet.

You go to the movies to save the marriage. :D

7. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

We always go to the movies like Christmas afternoon. What else is there left to do after all the eating and gift opening?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

After dinner drinks... lots of them

9. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Marshall.

Because of the factual connection (basis).

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, no.
    I went one year, maybe 20 years ago. I was alone for Christmas, family wasnt in town, so I went by myself to see Grumpy Old Men... only time I;ve ever gone to the movies by myself too. And I am quite Catholic...

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

You mean you're going to miss out on the Jets-Dolphins titanic struggle?

12. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Actually, since it's a tradition that I see a movie every Christmas I'm kind of in the same boat (although I have to work that night) ... another possibility is The Good Shepherd.

Interesting (to me at least) that Rocky Balboa is listed at 102 minutes. Seems kind of short (for a Rocky movie).

We Are Marshall is 120 minutes, I believe, and The Good Shepherd 160.

Just to add to the mix ... on rottentomatoes.com, We Are Marshall has 3 fresh (good) reviews and 11 rotten (bad) ones. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/we_are_marshall/

Rocky Balboa has gained a couple of fresh reviews in recent days, and now has 10 fresh, 3 rotten. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/rocky_balboa/

The Good Shepherd: 8 fresh, 6 rotten. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/good_shepherd/

Draft saved Draft deleted