1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ok I'm Lost... Confused?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Andrew Auger, May 28, 2011.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Per "The Right Stuff," this thread may yet stall, flameout and auger in.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm going with CYA.

I'm guessing that Andy isn't the only one who's googled his name. Potential employers likely have too, and now he wants to disassociate himself with those posts.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This sounds like a case for Brad Renfro.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He was damn good in Apt Pupil

5. Andrew Auger

Andrew Auger New Member

Four? Lol! I'm not even 20 yet that would be quite the feat. I read through the post and am actually not surprised at all by it's content.

Now that I see the topic, I know what it's about, Lars Hanson was not selected as a finalist for the Bleacher Report CBS deal and he was butt hurt that Rob Staton, Scotty Kimberly, Matt Rybalt-something, and myself were.

I do apologize for the things said on my behalf, even though it seems that the thread has had a lasting, entertaining impression, even though it's not so good for me...

I have no experience on this site (or some will say writing in general), where would I go to ask about a thread being deleted?

Four? Lol! I'm not even 20 yet that would be quite the feat. I read through the post and am actually not surprised at all by it's content.

Now that I see the topic, I know what it's about, Lars Hanson was not selected as a finalist for the Bleacher Report CBS deal and he was butt hurt that Rob Staton, Scotty Kimberly, Matt Rybalt-something, and myself were.

I do apologize for the things said on my behalf, even though it seems that the thread has had a lasting, entertaining impression, even though it's not so good for me...

I have no experience on this site (or some will say writing in general), where would I go to ask about a thread being deleted?

6. jr/shotglass

Where he wasn't just the star ... he was The Client.

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Now batting for Pedro Borbon ... Manny Mota ... Mota ... Mota.

8. jr/shotglass

That I'm not sure about. I will suggest that five years from now, you will not start a thread like this.

Unless this is an elaborate hoax, in which case I'm a sucker.

9. Andrew Auger

Andrew Auger New Member

I have had numerous problems with Mr. Hanson stalking my writing activity online and that thread was created right around the time when things were at their worst and it was getting really weird.

He's cost me a lot of my time, going in and deleting his comments, changing an e-mail, blocking his IP's, on Facebook, Leacher Report, (biggest mistake of my life), just a bunch of crap I don't like dealing with.

It's been refreshing the past several months he's relented, but here I am still dealing with the mess.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

So, just to be clear...you want a thread from 2009 deleted, a thread that no one would have looked at ever again had you not brought it up, because someone allegedly used your name to make you look like an idiot, unlike this thread, where you used your own name to accomplish exactly the same thing?

11. jr/shotglass

Accurately stated, with just the right amount of tongue-in-cheek incredulity.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Classic 21 as Dorothy Parker. Bravo!

Draft saved Draft deleted