1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I'll bite: Who wins the BCS championship?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ScribePharisee, Dec 16, 2008.

?

Oklahoma or Florida on Jan. 8

1. Sooners

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. Gators

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. jsanmateo

jsanmateo New Member

I feel like people are kind of sleeping on Tebow and Urban Meyer here. Both are comfortable on the big stage and "Big Game" Bob really ain't what he used to be in bowl games.

Also, Florida's Defense is pretty legit and probably won't give up 50 points in the BCS title game.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure too many people are sleeping on Florida. They are favored by a field goal. I think they will win by more than that. Hard to say how much more than that, though. I think Oklahoma will have trouble adjusting to Florida's speed advantage. Regardless, this should be a high-scoring game.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think Oklahoma gets their ass kicked just like they did against USC a few years ago. Just a gut feeling.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Those bastards who continue to perpetrate the BCS win!!! The public LOSES!!!!!

[/lazycolumnists]

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

The schools and conference win. Lots of money. As does the network. The hotels and restaurants do well, too.

The game is immaterial, as always.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I'd love to weigh in on this topic, but I won't be watching the game because it is meaningless.

I think, instead, I'll watch paint dry. At least that has an undisputed outcome.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm thinking the same thing, Pope.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

the primer would argue it was on the wall first.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I like USC.

Oh..

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If Oklahoma loses will there be the same outcry to "ban" them from BCS bowls like there has been for Ohio State, since Oklahoma also reeks of fail in January?

There's a number of pretty interesting bowl games. And watching the worst bowl game still beats watching an NBA regular-season game by a mile. At least in a bad bowl 22 players move at the same time on every play, instead of just two.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I'm not sure who's going to win the BSC title game yet, but the best match-up will be USC vs. Penn State. The worst, has to be one of the earlier bowls; which one, I am not sure.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

No, because the Big 12 is better than the Big Ten.

Draft saved Draft deleted