1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, I have ants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Sep 4, 2006.

1. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

Terro is wonderful stuff; accept no substitutes. I've never tried it on red ants, thank God I've never had 'em, but it claims to wipe out "all common household ants." They'll line up to get at the stuff at first, but they'll take it home with them and share, and you'll be rid of them in a day or so without having to evacuate or cover everything in the kitchen.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Thanks for the advice, folks.

I think I can get this solved quickly. A late-night trip to Wal-Mart is in order, I believe.

3. KP

KP Active Member

Get me some!

4. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

;D

5. KP

KP Active Member

;D

6. Do all of the above.
    If that doesn't work, feed your roommate to them.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You sure they're red ants?
    Apartments usually get pharaoh ants, which while harmless are a pain in the ass to get rid of...
    be sure

8. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

When I saw the title of this thread, I figured either SC or Boots started it.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Well, Slapster, this ant was about a 1/4 inch long maybe and it had a red backing. I'm not good with my ant types, it could've been a pharaoh.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pharoah ants are a bitch...
    dont hurt anything, but a pain to lose

[​IMG]

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I fight the ant battle regularly — they are indeed fire ants.

To kill them, you have to find the mound. You can spray in the house all day and they'll just keep coming. I can usually look outside and see how the ants are getting in, and follow the ant trail. Then I use the powdered ant killer and start going to town. (That ant bait that works in a week is practically worthless.) The ant mounds are easier to find after a good watering because the ants push up fresh earth.

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Again, this sounds a lot like Boots to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted