1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK folks, that time of the year again...and your Xmas bonus is????

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AreaMan, Dec 12, 2011.

1. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

At our paper...a holiday "feast" during the day-time hours.

News and sports folks have to come in during their off time to indulge. If not, there are always sloppy, congealed leftovers in the fridge for when you do come in for your regular shift.

Other than that...nothing...what about your shop?

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

My bonus is I still have a job.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Those are some strong back-to-back thread-starting avatars.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

5. Mr. Sluggo

Mr. Sluggo Active Member

For X-Mas? A larger than usual package of diddly squat. But at least during the year I received plenty of insults and condescension from my boss. Along with cryptically worded threats. Ho Ho Ho.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I was actually thinking, as I was typing my response above, that while I may have a job, I may also have some competition in the avatar department. :)

7. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

I'd settle for some heat in our building. Feels like I'm working in the Gulag.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A job I enjoy, a staff that busts tail - yeah, I'm good. A check would be nice but a paycheck is much appreciated these days.

9. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Bonus? Hahahahaha. No, I'm not getting one. Not really complaining, mind you, because I've been at my current place long enough to know not to expect anything.

We do have an office Christmas party where there might be some stuff raffled off.

Oh, and great avatar, Area Man. Almost as good as Double J's. Almost.

10. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

+1. Applied for 3 non-journalism jobs recently, got an interview for one, was told I was over-qualified for another, and got a poorly-written form rejection letter for the third. Ho. Ho. Ho.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I got an enrollment in the jelly of the month club. Which really pissed me off, because I needed my bonus to put in a pool.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you can't sit around and wait for your bonus. You have to take it.
    I saw another piece of cake laying there on the dessert table as people started to drift out, and I scarfed a second one. I outdid Schiz (the pizza place I frequent had better accept my ten Santa bucks).
    Damn, that cake was good.

Draft saved Draft deleted