1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, folks. Start lining up now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Birdscribe, Oct 7, 2008.

1. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Birdscribe knows where I'm at -- firmly in In-n-Out territory, with two of them just a short drive from home. Hell, it's generally at least a 10-minute wait in the drive-thru line if you're lucky. This is going to be outrageous. Yet I can see me and the missus at least driving by, to determine if it's worth our while for the best $1.10 fast-food investment we'll ever make.

Actually, the fries are no big deal -- I could keep this under a buck.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'd pay $50 for Bubbler to live-blog from an In-n-Out today.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Some day I hope to make it to SoCal, and In-n-Out is right at the top of the list. I first heard about it from I guy I knew in the Navy 20 years ago and have wanted to give it a try ever since.

4. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Don't shoot the messenger, but I've got to bring the rain to this parade.

Corporate email:

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your inquiry, we are sorry that the information you received or heard is incorrect. We are not offering any discounts or "specials" on our upcoming 60th Anniversary on October 22nd.

We will be doing business as usual on our Anniversary, including offering quality meals at the same great value we offer every day.

If convenient, we would appreciate your assistance by sharing this information with the person who contacted you.

Thank you again for your e-mail, and for this opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

Stephanie Hagerman
    Customer Service Representative"

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081007165542AAscGeg

Good rumor, at least.

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I'll redeem myself.

For cheap food that isn't a hoax, hit up Togo's today and every Wednesday through Nov. 19. For their 1970s Flashback Wednesdays, they've selected a classic 6-inch sandwich each week for $1.99, tax-free. I think limit is four per customer and it benefits the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. I know my local locations are participating, hope yours are, too.

Here's the menu, enjoy.

Oct. 8 - #11 Roast Beef & Avocado
    Oct. 15 - #24 Turkey Avocado
    Oct. 22 - #9 Pastrami
    Oct. 29 - #20 Tuna
    Nov. 5 - #6 Meatball
    Nov. 12- #24 Turkey Avocado
    Nov. 19- #9 Pastrami

6. Repped for real talk.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Ouch...

slinking back to corner

And Cradle, thank you for not rubbing it in too much. Togo's is THE sandwich place to visit, especially the No. 9 pastrami.

As an utter pastrami snob, it's pastrami you can trust.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Lots better pastrami around than Togo's. Johnny's Pastrami in Culver City, of course, is the gold standard, but also hits the wallet pretty hard. The Hat is my new favorite. There are a bunch around. And Hat's fries, order a small and it's still enough to stuff an Irishman.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Does Togo's partner with Dunkin' Donuts?

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Well, The Hat is on another plane. I'm not counting them in this, although I probably should, because their pastrami is the bomb.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I've seen several Togo's connected to Baskin-Robbins 31 Flavors. Are they buddies, too?

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I might walk to L.A. for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted