1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Dems you've had your fun. Now, who would HRC choose as a running mate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not to mention, he's not signing on to be second chair on a clusterfuck that could end up losing. No chance.

See Edwards, John.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Because why?
    Obama too prideful?
    Richardson's career as a fabulist?
    Would Barack really turn down a shot at history?
    Or do his legions of fans only support him because when he looks at Hillary the voice in his head calls her a c***?

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There would have to be a lot of peace pipe smoking to get there.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Unless you think you could smile and say yes to someone whose lies, half-truths and dirty tricks cost YOU the job you felt you deserved, then kindly be quiet.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think "fundamental differences regarding they way the country should be run" about covers it.

I think "doesn't want to have his name stuck on a slimy campaign that very well could lose" extends it.

I think "wouldn't want a useless job made exponentially more useless by the presence of Third Term Will" pretty much clinches it.

And neither Obama nor Clinton will pick Richardson. HRC's likely to go with Wes Clark, Obama is a little more up in the air. The dreams of a Clinton/Obama or Obama/Clinton ticket are just that. They do not agree on how the party should be structured, or campaigns run, or on much, really. And they don't like each other. And a million other things. It just isn't going to happen.

6. Wonderful.
    Barack Obama -- Too Good To Win.
    Lyndon Johnson, who accomplished more before breakfast in the Senate any morning than Barack Obama has in his entire career, could swallow his pride and run and win with JFK. Daddy Bush could walk back every damn position he ever held to run and win with Reagan, but Barack's too pure?
    Good lord.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LBJ and GHW Bush? Great examples, Fenian. Top-notch presidents, both.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No. Not even close.

Happy?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Joke

HejiraHenry's head

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Maybe not the greatest pres, but LBJ truly was the "master of the senate," and I don't think being JFK's running mate was exactly what he wanted to do, but he swallowed his pride while realizing that his role was simply to balance the ticket.

That being said, I don't think Obama should necessarily feel any great obligation to serve as Hillary's running mate. I really can't see it happening either.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It was January of 1993, the encore of "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow."

Or, alternately, it was Sept. 10, 2001

Etc.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're such an asshole. Fuck you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.