1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Dems you've had your fun. Now, who would HRC choose as a running mate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Wesley Clark's perfect.

A fine contrast . . . but utterly non-threatening. Just. What. She. Wants.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

If Hillary wins Bill will be running the country anyway so she might as well figure out a way to make him VP

3. Boom_70

Yup - complient man servant

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Still waiting on an answer to my question.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I'm still disputing that we've "had our fun."

When?

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'll give a serious answer.
    Hillary might go with Bill Richardson, Wes Clark, Joe Biden or, and I suspect this will happen, Barack.
    Hillary will reach out, she understands the politics, Barack might slap the hand away but it will be at least offered. It also puts him in history, the first Black veep and the leading candidate in 2016, even if they lose the second term, he could still come back, run and be the favorite. Assuming he doesn't screw the pooch as veep.

Obama might reach out to Richardson, but he might be tempted to snatch Mark Pryor, Arkansas's junior senator. A really, really bold move might be Heath Shuler.

McCain goes with Thompson or Huckabee. He might be tempted to go with Lieberman, but a Dem, even in name only, would make the hard-core Repubs angry.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm still not sure whether I'm part of "you people" or not either--seeing as I don't follow some simple, Manichean view of the world.

8. Boom_70

I can see Richardson but Biden is too strong a personality for Hillary.

If Obama really wanted to be bold he could bring Bill Bradley back into the fold as VP. He would take on a bit of elder stateman tone and not overwelm Obama

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It wouldn't be Richardson or Obama.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

No, in all seriousness, I'll echo what Jay said regarding McCain. If he does win the nom, I really can't see him picking Lieberman. He already has enough problems with some of the Republican base, and I can't see Lieberman making them any happier.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Logic says Obama. It's not a matter of personal comfort. Think Reagan liked Bush I, or JFK liked LBJ? Hell, FDR had only a hazy idea who Truman was. You can't criticize Hillary for being cold and calculating and then expect her to do the cold and calculating thing.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

BO ain't takin' sloppy seconds.

Next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.