1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Dems you've had your fun. Now, who would HRC choose as a running mate?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Jan 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

This question assumes a lot, of course. But "you people" are so freaking smart – if you doubt it, just ask you – that I know you'll have the right (left?) answer.

As for Obama, there's only one correct answer: Edwards, as flawed a vessel as he is. "His hair," as the late Warren Zevon put it in another, not so terribly far-removed, context, "is perfect."

But what would herself do? Who wants to be the nation's first third-in-command? And be prepared to defend your choice. Surrender, which I know a few some many most of you prefer to actual conflict, is not an option in this quiz.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Which ones are "you people"?

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

"Is the answer Jesus?"

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

HH, the thread I was going to start is who should McCain pick as his running mate? It's a much more crucial question since he'd probably only serve one term, leaving an heir apparent.

Plus, he will hit the avg. male life expectancy in office.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Don't know that I've ever been so warmly invited to participate in anything before.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I love lamp.

7. HejiraHenry

Not the Perot option, I assure you. I differentiate from "my people," a diverse and colorful group.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I give my affections to desk.

9. HejiraHenry

That decision has already been made, I think:
    He'd prefer Lieberman but might be persuaded to take Thompson.

10. HejiraHenry

Thank you. I would note that no one has dared an answer yet. It's a tough question.

11. HejiraHenry

You're right in your assessment of the importance of McCain's choice, by the way .. except that I still don't take him seriously as the nominee.

HRC will be the nominee, almost without a doubt. Which should make "food taster" the hardest job to fill on the Obama campaign staff.

12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

They're probably still giddy from such an elegant invitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.