1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, Boomer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Driftwood, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm old enough to remember when we boomers were both a) lusted after by American corporations as the consumers of tomorrow ("Pepsi, for those who think young") and decried by many asshole pundits as proof the country was going to hell. That is to say, we are the millenials of yesteryear. It's all the same bullshit, repeated endlessly throughout human history.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Still think there was an attempted joke not aimed at me that failed. And maybe I reacted wrongly...

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As a full blooded Boomer, Class of '56, I resent some of this shit. A lot of us are average Joes, not responsible for what Congress, the President, or corporate executives did, any more than the GenX, Y, Millenials, or whoever else are. We were left in a good place by our parents, did some good things and some bad, but the vast majority of us just lived our lives and tried to get by. We're not responsible for the failings of a generation, any more than you are for Mark Zuckerburg's choices.

Yeah, yeah, "Ok, Boomer". I get it... but it paints with an awfully broad brush.

OscarMadison, maumann and misterbc like this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

If you graduated high school in 1956, you're not a Boomer. If you meant you were born in 1956, OK, Boomer.

franticscribe and Neutral Corner like this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're on the Internet, right? Who do you think made the Internet ubiquitous today? Al Gore? LOL #LinkThis #MillennialPride

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As a Gen Xer, I’ll just stand over here to the side, making sarcastic comments and wishing people remember we exist.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As a firm Gen-Xer....whatever. I’ll keep working and support everyone else with no recognition. I’m apathetic. Prozac Nation was 24 years ago and nobody paid attention.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

10. CD Boogie

Listen, the 1990s was the best era for music -- better than the 60s -- and kids nowadays have DJ bullshit like fucking David Guetta, who empirically blows :)

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Not sure I can 100 percent say better than the 60s, but 90s music was damn, damn good. In the conversation for sure. As for today’s stuff... mostly I’m ignorant of it. The popular stuff is... OK?

12. CD Boogie

Taylor Swift is OK. The rest of it is crap in a wrapper.

Draft saved Draft deleted