1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OK, another addicting game ... Ugh!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by xX OnTheEdge Xx, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Air Force Test: This will drive you nuts!! Have fun!
    The object of the game is to move the red block around without getting hit by the blue blocks or touching the black walls. If you can go longer than 18 seconds you are phenomenal. It's been said that the US Air Force uses this for fighter pilots. They are expected to go for at least 2 minutes. Give it a try but be careful ... it is addictive!!

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

P.S. My longest was just over 11 seconds, but I've only played it 3 times. I can't imagine being able to avoid those things for two minutes.

2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Member

20.78 seconds

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Expect an email from the Air Force, Bob.

4. No, he has to last another 1:40 for that phone call. ;)

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

47.313. The key is to get to the bottom middle immediately, then make your way to the top left and hide out for 10 or so seconds. If you make it that far, you have a better-than-average shot of lasting a while.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I wouldn't be so sure. The Air Force probably posted the game in the first place. The results are piped directly back to the Academy. Anyone with excellent hand/eye potential becomes a likely candidate for a scholarship.

The Good Doctor, for example, is going to be abducted from his home tonight and wake up tomorrow in Colorado Springs.

8. 19 seconds. I hope they give the Air Force guys something better than a laptop mouse pad ...

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

1:27 . . . but I'll be the first to admit my computer is not at its fastest, today.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure this one has been posted somewhere. I've been meaning to put it up here.

www.virtualnes.com

200-plus Nintendo games. A good bit of my office is hooked.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

And I thougth my :17.6 on the first try was good ... and my 21 on the second try were good.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

The game isn't working too well on my comp. There have been a few times where I click on the block and the game is already over. I have 4/5 bars or 5/5 on my wireless, but my comp is slowing down these days.

Here is another game that is basically the same, but a instead of a red brick it's a filet-o-fish and instead of blue blocks there are sharks.

http://www.filetofish.com/GCM/sharkbait.html

Draft saved Draft deleted