1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Simpson 'Confesses' for 3.5 Million Book Deal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Oct 19, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have a friend of mine who's had several "stories" published in that fine newspaper. The guy and his wife would sit around the dining table thinking up "story ideas". He had one about aliens and I think one about a leprechaun siting. I think he got a few hundred bucks for essentially an hour of work

2. Does this mean Fredo and Condi are an item?

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's a legit story.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The best one I saw fairly recently was a story about hamsters taking over Amsterdam. Since I'd visited there earlier this year, I was interested to see the story and see how creative they could be with it. The hamsters were something like 6 ft. tall and turning the place into ... Hamsterdam! I couldn't stop laughing for a couple of minutes. I read the whole story (didn't buy the mag, of course) and felt good that I'd escaped before Hamsterdam took my life!

5. Claws for Concern

Oh, yeah, this is an OJ thread. Well, I guess this eliminates him "looking for the real killers" on golf courses and cruise ships!

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So rich golfers and cruisers are above suspicion?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

If I were O.J., the first thing I'd buy with my book advance would be a Kevlar vest for the golf course. ;)

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Ryan Sonner once hooked a might drive into O.J. Simpson's temple and still eagled the hole.

9. Claws for Concern

Is there something you want to confess to here?

10. busuncle

busuncle Member

I know it's been said on here before, but National Enquirer reports real (albeit celebrity) news. It's much more akin to People magazine than Weekly World News.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Has O.J. optioned the book for a video game yet?

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

My favorite Weekly World News story was when they said 12 members of the United States Senate were aliens from outer space. That looked so funny, I had to buy it and I got my money's worth in laughs. Former Senator Alan Simpson was quoted as saying "You got us"

Draft saved Draft deleted