1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ Guilty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 4, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And rot away he will...

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Probably right, but he won't be free on appeal.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No, he won't be free. He'll be in jail for many years. Life? Maybe, depending on how long he's still breathing.

But I would bet a lot of Monopoly money that some of those charges get overturned. Too many holes in the case -- especially those tapes of the crime-scene investigators laughing.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So OJ gets off when the evidence is overwhelmingly against him, and gets convicted on an extremely shaky, perhaps shady case. The justice system...at work? A bit like Capone finally getting nailed for tax evasion.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I hope karma fucks him up the ass. Literally. A big, STD-infected prison gang banger named Karma.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

STG: VERY much like Capone. Someone in our newsroom made the same observation.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you know, I'm trying to find an all-news station with somehting on this and they're all in reruns, specials or infomercials... unbelievable... 200 stations on cable and nothing with live news

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Headline News, however, has a rerun of Nancy Grace's drumbeat on nthe "tot's mom" guilty of killing her daughter, even before there's a trial... and Fox news has a rerun with Ann Coulter....

9. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Wow, there's some must-see TV.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Please tell me there's a nice white Ford Bronco - perhaps once used by Hertz - in which the correctional system can transport Simpson.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

CNN was the only one to break in with a live feed. Don't know if MSNBC broke in, but Fox didn't and none of the locals had it on.

So much for those stations providing 24/7 news ...

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We had the live feed in the office, and we were about 30 seconds ahead of CNN. His face was surreal.

Draft saved Draft deleted