1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

OJ gets beat down in prison

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is nothing cute or fun about U.S. prisons being the hellholes that they are. In fact, it is a national embarrassment and, quite honestly, damned near a human rights crisis.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Jeffrey Dahmer and OJ Simpson agree. So you have those two on your side.

3. Dick Whitman

If the law protects them, it will protect you, too. That's the point.

We're not a barbarian society. We have a system of criminal justice designed to carry out justice. Suspects are charged, tried, convicted, sentenced. We live with and accept the results because we are an advanced society.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Spare me, I hate skinheads and I hate racists. I also hate wife beating double murderers.

5. Dick Whitman

This isn't about O.J. Simpson getting his just comeuppance.

It is about a supposedly civilized society, with the most advanced criminal justice system in the world, that systematically allows this shit to go on in its prison system as an end-around the 8th Amendment (and the 14th, for that matter, if we want to talk about the racial component, not to O.J., but to the system as a whole).

It is an embarrassment.

6. Spare you what exactly? What did I say that is untrue?

They did not beat him up, according to the story, because of the murders. They beat him for bragging about bedding white women.

So the beating was a racist act.

And regardless of the anger over what OJ did, which I have as well, I just don't see how applauding this particular beating makes sense.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It is all those things, but I have no sympathy for OJ Simpson, none. So when a woman beating, double murderer(allegedly) gets what's coming to him, I like to think of it as karmic justice.

8. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

Many of these Animals have rendered themself unfit to be treated in Civilized Manner .
    We should take page from French - they do not belive in rehab'ing crimminals.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Presuming OJ is not being held in a whites-only facility (or predominantly whites-only), and I somehow suspect he is not, the white supremacists will get theirs in due time.

Win-win.

10. Dick Whitman

Karmic justice would be a piano falling on his head. Not a prison beating because, well, we have a system that allows prison beatings to go on.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Damn, that is bad ...

12. Dick Whitman

Not in this country.

Just because they're wrong doesn't mean we have to be wrong, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted