1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oil and Halliburton and CEOs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lamar Mundane, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Other than those fellers, who is better off in 2008 than they were in 2000?

How many of those GOP braniacs wanting to drill our way to oil independance voted REPEATEDLY against higher mileage standards for autos? Yeah, THAT would have killed American car manufacturers.

Oh if we could go back to a time when the economy busted, and because of investments made in American students the dot.commers were highly-qualified and easily employable.

W's bust, fattened by deregulation, has a bunch of out-of-work construction workers. But, they can always adjust their skill set to make $50,000, right?

Gas was $1.30 before W took office. His war of terror has seen the price per barrel double in the last year. I know, I know the Chinese and Indians have doubled their consumption in the last year right?

We cut taxes, we're losing jobs. We deregulate, the economy tanks.

And my marriage is under attack because gays are getting married.

We're going to Mars BITCHES!!

Did we catch Bin Laden or did Pakistan just say they're not going after him?

But we found Weapons of mass .... oh.

Remind me how we're better off since 2000, please. Just don't try the tired "at least we haven't been attacked." because Clinton kept us safe after the first Trade Center bombings before W ignored a ambiguous memo entitled "Bin Laden determined to attack US."

Thanks, Conservatism is a failed experiment and a $3 trillion lesson we've learned. Didn't we have a budget surplus 8 years ago? That was with a Dem president and a GOP congress right? And we had a GOP Pres and GOP Congress for 6 years that saw record deficits.

Damn, for $3 trillion we could've bought Mexico.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Oh boy.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

A pissing match, this thread will produce.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Old tony has no idea why he just punched a hobo.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

old tony ALWAYS knows why he punches hobos

6. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

At least they have the decency to give us a few laughs when their closeted gay homophobes get caught with cocks in their mouths, picking up teenagers from online sites or taking wide stances in a MSP bathroom.

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Lamar,

It's not George W's fault that your date didn't blow you tonight. Calm down.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Aaaaaaaand ... we're off!

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If he had dinner with Laura Bush, well, aren't you going to feel like an asshole.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Laura, no. Jenna, yes.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I think Red Sox fans are better off than they were in 2000.

12. KP

KP Active Member

Not if you yearn for the days of when the only people at the Sox games actually cared about the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted