1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio State-Michigan thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OK, ours was a little different. The only thing we did differently was the last line: The cesspool of the world.

Of course, I'm sure those fans in Columbus might have numerous version. And Junkie, I'm a fan of neither. Not even close.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ohio State will win 21-20 on a late TD run on a keeper by Troy Smith.

The remaining fraud SEC teams will show their suckitude and lose.

USC will lose again. Rutgers will lose.

This will clear the way for a rematch between OSU and Michigan, albeit with some bitching from the Notre Dame corner and the Louisville corner.

3. Only fitting that I join in, eh?

Look, I know there is talk of a rematch in the BCS Title game, but I would hate that - even if Ohio State loses. This game is special because it always means something. The Big Ten title, typically, is on the line. National title hopes have been dashed in both stadiums. People call this rivalry the best in all of college sports. Well, what makes it so special if they play twice in one season?

If the rematch happens and the loser of the first wins the national title, all we're going to hear from the first winner is that all they did was split the two meetings. There is just too much to lose if the game is played a second time this season.

That said, I'm going with the Buckeyes because, quite simply, Troy Smith owns the Michigan Wolverines. If you don't believe me, watch this video.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That Michigan defense is one hell of an equalizer.

13-10, U-of-M.

5. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

So did Notre Dame.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It's so simple and direct, it just might make sense.

All joking aside, no kidding. If Rutgers wins out and does not get a chance to face the Michigan-Ohio State winner, then college football loses. Again. The Big East is a conference recognized by the fat cats hoarding cash, won't change and aren't made to change Bowl Championship Series. Now that Rutgers is threatening to run the table, no one - not the polls, not the idiots involved in the BCS and certainly not any computers - should be able to pull any opportunity for the Scarlet Knights to take a shot at the Big Ten champion.

It's crap like the thought of Rutgers potentially not getting a shot at the national championship game that makes college football almost as big a joke as NASCAR.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I so want Rutgers to play Michigan in a BCS game ...

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sam's right. That's about as good an argument as has been made.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It would be the United States vs. Michigan. There's no casual fan in the country that would root for the football factory over this year's Cinderella.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's not get carried away now, Sam.

Nothing's THAT much of a joke. :D :D

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Most Cinderellas, I'd agree. But this is Rutgers and it's in New Jersey... no one cares west of the Schuylkill.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Paging Mike Lantry and Denny Franklin. Mike Lantry and Denny Franklin to the white courtesy phone please

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.