1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio State-Michigan thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Left_Coast, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Never too early, right?

I think buildups to "Games of the Century" turn out to be duds/don't live up to expectations.

I think Ohio State wins. They're home. They've had Michigan's number. They're the better team.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Endless Hype Lives Here.

3. CHETtheJET

CHETtheJET Member

probably no better big game college coach than Tressel. He won championships at Youngstown, and he's done it here. How many times has tOSU blown a big game becasue of Tressel? Not trying to glorify the guy, but the bigger the game, the more he seems to be ahead of the other guy on the opposite sideline, many times. Jeez, last year's Fiesta Bowl still lingers. He's got the best decision maker QB in Smith. He's got the Horseshoe. I don't see that combo coming up short.

4. I read that when Texas came to Ohio State, police estimated 1 million people around the stadium. I would guess this game would have a lot more people converging on Columbus. If Buckeyes lose, Columbus will burn.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I don't trust Chad Henne. I think he makes a mistake in a clutch moment.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Paging idiotsnetwork ...

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's going to burn either way. Lotta nervous sofas in Columbus right now.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Good luck topping USC-Notre Dame from last year. College football bores me to tears, but I'd pay good money for that game on DVD.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

A national championship during my freshman year would be great. But I'm not to confident in the Lloyd Carr/Jim Tressel matchup. Carr is Tressel's beeyatch.

10. Gameday heading there? I would imagine there this week and at USC (for ND) the following week.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

If they ever do win it all, don't be one of Those Guys that storms the field.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I'll be the one with the "I LOVE SportsJournalists.com" sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.