1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ohio State Football This Year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by workerB12, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This. They were outplayed and damn lucky to get past Purdue today in overtime, they just barely beat bottom rung IU by 3 last week. Something tells me this discussion will be a moot point soon enough. They're not finishing unbeaten.

2. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

IU wasn't going to beat Ohio State. Its horrid defense -- quite possibly the worst I've seen out of a decade and a half of awful defenses at Indiana -- always seems to manage to give up 1 more point than a pretty good offense can score. But IU has managed to be pretty competitive against everyone this year. Four of its 5 losses have been by a combined nine points.

But having to have a miracle to beat a mediocre Purdue team at home after having to escape at Indiana ... there's no way OSU should factor into the title picture.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

No Big 10 team should be within 1,000 miles of the national title picture this year, and I say that as a fan of the league.

We'll just have to live vicariously through Notre Dame ... which SHOULD have been a Big 10 team 20 years ago.

[/still bitter]

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And the 1974 Sooners, but they won the mythical national championship.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

So an ACC team is going to play for the national title?

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Yeah, Notre Dame.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Mythical National Championship"

One of those phrases from a bygone age. Thankfully.

And imagine the shitstorm today if Obama had pulled a Nixon and proclaimed a team the national champion even though there was still another unbeaten team and the winning team still had a bowl to play?

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

+1 ... asshole OSU fans say it like there's no other college located in their shit-ass state.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Our writers believe Ohio State is not going to win the Mark Emmert Bowl on Saturday.

I do believe the Buckeyes will have their hands full. I take it Miller is going to be ready?

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Will Emmert present the Tressel-Paterno Blindfold to the winning team?

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not this year. This year, he'll allow the Illinois coaching staff to come onto the field after the final gun to recruit the players.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not a Meyer fan or a Ohio State fan on any level, but if Meyer is as good as some think, having a national power that is not in the SEC would be great for college football.

Right now, there's the sense that most of the top teams are in the SEC.

Draft saved Draft deleted