1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Drive about 9 hours northwest and you too can enjoy some.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Last week, they got some snow up in Lexington and the mayor actually warned people to stay off the streets. In the pictures on the Herald-Leader Web site, you could actually still see snow. My guess was there was 1-2 inches of snow on the ground.

I must say though, anyone who has lived in the Midwest (and by Midwest, I mean the ACTUAL Midwest. No, the Ohio Valley is NOT the Midwest. I'm talking Missouri, Kansas,Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, Iowa, etc. THAT is the Midwest.) is probably prepared for anything Mother Nature can throw at us.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Texas and Oklahoma are NOT the Midwest. You also forgot Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

LOL. Friend of mine called me and said there were "four to five inches" on the ground Saturday morning. My boss went Lexington for the Kentucky game later that day and said there was maybe an inch of the stuff.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

PROTIP: It's late fall. This is what late fall does.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It snowed yesterday, but it melted off quickly, like usual. Boooo!

Today's it's sunny and probably about 40.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

There's an upside to being in LA? :)

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But is there any milk or bread left at the grocery store?

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Not the first year, it seems. California's just trying to eat you up and spit you out, I'm afraid. Happened to me, too. Don't let it get the best of you.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Jingle cowbells, jingle cowbells, it's snowing in Cowshitistan!
    Oh what fun
    It is to feel
    The wind off the steppes of shi-it!

Actually, it has been a fun and snowy day. Even the snow behaves like dust here.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

The temp has dropped 15 degrees in an hour or so. Stupid Texas weather. I've always hated the weather here.

I can't believe I am about to admit that I really and truly feel I am ready to move out of this state.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I can think of plenty. LA is one of the three or four cities I have visited that I could envision myself living in.

Draft saved Draft deleted