1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh Tannenbaum

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good riddance!

Jet season ticket holders received a letter from Woody Johnson this a.m. advising that he has dumped Mike Tannenbaum:

"Our 2012 season was a disappointment to all of us. My goal every year as owner is to build a team that wins consistently. This year, we failed to achieve that goal.

This morning, I informed Mike Tannenbaum that he will not return for the 2013 season. Mike devoted 15 years of service to the Jets, and I want to thank him for his hard work and dedication. Although he helped guide us to two consecutive AFC Championship games, we are not where we want to be, and a new General Manager will be critical to getting this team back on the right track."

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Yep. This is the time of year to get rid of the ol' Christmas tree.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As would a new coach and a new quarterback and a new owner.

Good thing Johnson and Johnson keeps its cash offshore!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Footsie escapes the toenail clipper.

5. Boom_70

Unfortunately also in Woody's letter:

"Rex Ryan will remain the Head Coach of our football team. I believe that he has the passion, the talent, and the drive to successfully lead our team. "

No mention though if he is going to try and bring Firemen Eddy back into the fold.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

DeCosta would seem to be a no-brainer here...

7. Boom_70

Mike Tannenbaum is a good example of "The Peter Principle" that states that a manager rises to his own level of incompetence.

8. cortez

cortez Member

At least I won't have to listen to Francesa refer to him constantly as "Mr. T.''

9. Boom_70

Agreed. Always thought that it was a subtle put down on Francesa's part. Kinda of I knew when Bill Parcells was screaming for Mr T to fetch him coffee.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

he just ran of a dozen 'mr. t's' during his opening. that fat, arrogant, 'i'm tight with him' phony franny is the ONLY person who refers to tannenbaum as mr. t. he did it 'cause when mike t. was a young capologist for parcells, tuna occassionally referred to him as mr. t. so to come off as a 'i'm a parcells insider' jargon. franny ddid it, too. i know tannenbaum. and so i KNOW he absolutely HATES the 'mr. business. he's just too non-confrontational to telll franny to cut it out :( :mad:,

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Mistuh T took the hit foah all of Rex's failyuhs.

Draft saved Draft deleted