1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh ***T, I need some quick help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, May 14, 2008.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

This sets up the rest of the season nicely.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

First of all I don't care how long you've been married, and by you I mean any guy who is reading this. When your wife says she doesn't want to do anything special for an anniversary that means SHE doesn't want to do anything special. YOU, on the other hand, have to do something to show you still care about her.

At this point I would suggest putting on your best suit and dropping some serious coin at her most expensive favorite restaurant.

Slip the waiter a $50 and ask him to give you running updates on the Nats loss that night.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can save the 50 and get my son to text me.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Shit, the waiter will probably be John Patterson...

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

If you hear plates crashing, probably. It'll be his flexor tendon snapping again.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, it was the hype at the time. Ask BYH. He would have been all over that show if he was allowed out past dark when he was 12.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd like to help, Moddy. But relationships and me are in different galaxies.

So anything I would try to say of significance should be ignored.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Nice dinner, a movie, and then, to borrow an SportsJournalists.com motto: "Bone it like you own it."

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

We do have to work tomorrow so can I just skip the first two?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yes, there was a DD fever back then, I do recall. But a comparison to the Beatles?

Just goes to show that you'll say anything to get laid....then and 22 years later. ;D

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's true. All the girls in fifth and sixth grade loved Duran Duran. Had I strutted around sporting a Seven The Ragged Tiger tour T-shirt, they might have looked at me.

Draft saved Draft deleted