1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Suzy Q

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 10, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

No doubt about that. God, she's annoying.

I'll always like Tafoya for the authentically panicked "Dear God, I think I might die right here" tone she struck as the crowd stormed the floor after Hofstra won the 2001 America East title.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Contrasted to the "Dear God, I wish I was dead" tone she took during the game because she was at Hofstra ...

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

America might be ready for a woman in the White House, but a woman on MNF??

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fuck you Meat! I'm not rooting for your almost alma maters any more!

Unless they play Duke or Mason. But really what are the odds of THAT?

5. Some of the best information comes from the sidelines ... and they do a lot more work than the fellas up in the booth. Obviously the questions going into halftime and the interviews with moms/sisters/brother all suck ass, but other than that I don't see how you can do well without someone down there.

Maybe they'll bring on the Goose. He's my favorite.

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Dear lord I hope you just forgot the blue font there.

7. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

PFT Reports

ESPN has issued a statement in response to our report that Michele Tafoya and Suzy Kolber have been dumped from the Monday Night Football broadcast.

“Michele and Suzy will still be assigned to our multiplatform Monday Night Football presentation, including the game, pre-game and post-game,” the statement says. “Their precise roles are currently being determined.”

Also, we’ve been told by an ESPN spokesperson that Tafoya and Kolber will continue to travel to the site of each game.

So what does any of this mean? Clearly, something is up. Otherwise, there would be nothing about their roles to “determine.” Also, ESPN might be holding out hope that they opt to give up their assignments to MNF, so that in the end it will appear that they weren’t removed from the team.

Said one of our sources in response to the statement, “It’s bullshit . That’s all I can tell you. Utter bullshit. They are no longer sideline reporters.”

Full Story

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/10/espn-addresses-mnf-situation/

Follow up
    http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/10/no-sideline-reporters-on-mnf/

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

If you're going to have sideline reporters, make sure they're really informative.

If they're not going to be really informative, make sure they're really worth looking at.

Guess I'm going to miss Kolber. The other one, not so much, a younger Gilbert Gottfried in drag.

(Can someone help me out with photos? I'm sleepy.)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

"Can I get you some sugar in your coffee, Mr. Tirico?"

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Who is better at it then them?
    I'd say this is a move to get them off the sidelines period and not to add anyone else there.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I think she's sexy too... plus she comes across as smart and insightful and informative on the broadcasts. It also doesn't hurt that she's a Springsteen fan

12. markvid

markvid Guest

I'll agree as well.
    Michele is also a nice person.

Draft saved Draft deleted