1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Please, Bill . . . PLEASE! We Can Only Hope!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Mar 15, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, none of that makes any sense to me.

Here's what I'm asking. Two opinion pieces, two in which the nut graf (to me) was WELL down the story. Like 10-15 grafs down.

Is that customary?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is there any chance it was buried b/c even he knows how outlandish it sounds?

Perhaps he wanted to have it on record, in case hell freezes over and it happens and he can say he called it first...except he knows it's the longest of long shots.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jeebus, is that the worst idea of all time?

That's New Coke bad.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's all grotesque.

I don't doubt Patraeus harbors ambitions . . . but not for '08. And I can't envision the hardcore embracing a chameleon like Lieberman . . . trivia question, for sure: who was the only guy to run for vice president for both major U. S. political parties? Bizarre.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Gotta love how Kristol calls Thomas the most impressive conservative in American public life. Yecch.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep . . . a guy with more psychological problems than Tony Soprano.

9. Not Clarence Thomas but it will be a black man: J.C. Watts.

He's black and will bring some of the much-needed religious right to McCain's campaign.

Just remember you read it here first.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I've seen stranger things happen than that.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Watts ain't exactly thrilled with the GOP, ain't in office, and ain't interested in being tabbed for something just because he's black, as he complained was often the case when he was in the House.

JC Watts has is much a shot at being McCain's running mate as John Kerry does.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Dat's every bit true . . . but don't think he'd turn it down. A longshot? For sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted