1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Ozzie Guillen

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Tierra, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Tierra

Tierra New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2494491

I particularly was amused by this line...

Guillen also told Couch that he has gay friends, attends WNBA games, went to a Madonna concert and plans to go to the Gay Games in Chicago.

(Because all of those things blatantly have so much to do with homosexuality.)

EDIT: Just saw this thread buried on "Anything goes." Must have missed it in the search. sorry folks.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I don't think repeating this thread, specifically the part about the WNBA games, is at all a bad thing.

WNBA GAMES???

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, not to nit pick too much, but the Gay Games does seem to have something to do with homosexuality.

4. boots

boots New Member

Ace, I covered the first Gay Olympics back in 1982 in San Francisco. And I'm not a fudge packer and didn't feel intimidated in the least.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Going to the Gay Games doesn't make you gay. Didn't mean that.

And despite reams of evidence to the contrary, I'll take your word that you aren't a fudge packer, boots. :-X

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Can you make the Gay Games an outing?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I've been called much worse by the coach I cover. He's pretty smart about picking his spots, though (like, when there aren't a bunch of other reporters around).

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Given the way Marriotti acts most of the time, there is an arguement to be made that Guillen's sentiments about him are protected under the "fair comment and criticism" clause of the first amendment.....

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . listed under the "prima donna/diva" codicil . . .

10. 85bears

85bears Member

I've always found Jay to be really, really likable and down to earth. He's the biggest name in the press box, but I guarantee you that there are plenty of Chicago media in far, far lesser roles than him emanating a lot more 'tude day-in and day-out.

Draft saved Draft deleted