1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh no, not another relationship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

My BFF Jill says yes

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Since I would feel pretty awkward calling her, and since I know she's down with The 'Book, is sending her a message or wall post at least better than texting, or are they equivalent in pussiness?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Drink one beer first, enough to get a buzz going and say "what the hell" but not enough to be a total prick, then call her.

Better?

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Personally, it was about the fourth time a conversation began with, "I think you're a really great guy, but..."

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Unless she's really good at interpreting and/or creative spelling. There's a reason Boom won't text.

6. Call her and ask her if she wants to have sex and - I don't know - maybe talk afterward. That should help relieve the awkwardness

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

SHE WOKE UP IN YOUR FREAKIN ARMS AND SMILED!! HOW AWKWARD COULD IT BE TO CALL HER??

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

At least we know the conversation won't go like this if they go on a date to the carnival...

Guy: What do you want to do next?
    Girl: I want to get weighed.
    So the guy takes her over to the guess your weight booth and they win a prize.
    After a few rides he asks her again "what do you want to do now?"
    She replies "I want to get weighed"
    So they go back to the guess your weight booth.
    This happens again a little while later, after which the guy takes the girl home.
    Wondering why she's home so early, her roomate asks "How did the date go?"
    The girl replies "Wousy"

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just fucking call her already.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Girl: "Hello?"
    Cradle: "Hey,it'smecradlerobberfromlastweek,doyouwannahaveanalsex?myfriendbootssaidishouldaskrightaway!"

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

LISTEN TO WISE WOMAN THAT IS 21 IF YOU WON'T LISTEN TO ME!!!!!!!!

12. Cradle:

A message is always better, because it's more private. As it gets closer, make references to commonalities on her wall to make her friends realize you're not some weird stalker.

Texting is a little ballsier, but if she's on facebook, there's no difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.