1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh no, not another relationship thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CradleRobber, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Ugh. Sounds like today's equivalent of the 1940s-era high school dance, where peo[ple spent a lot of time saying "Oh, gosh golly-gee willikers, should I ask her to dance??" Except now, you have scary amounts of knowledge you can find just by knowing someone's name.

I'm an old-fashioned boy in many ways . . . . . the late-night conversations between me and my now-wife in my old piece of junk 1950s-era Pontiac, getting to know each other, just talking . . . . . those were great times. There is no substitute for good conversation.

Texting means you're hiding behind a tiny keyboard. Sure, calling is hiding behind the phone, but it's a lot more real than words on a screen.

Be different, kid. Call the girl. Hesitation's only result is a missed opportunity, and a return to lamentation of old high school loves long since lost.

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

Like I said, we both know it was a mistake and I'm too big of a pussy about this kind of shit to risk her thinking I viewed it as something more and something enough to pursue her.

This is the first time I've actually considered changing my ways and taking a chance in this situation, though.

ADDITION IN RESPONSE TO NEW POSTS: I worry it might be way too random at this point to call her and try to set something up.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

By the way, I love you guys for this. I think you're going to push me to overcome my weak ways, and I truly appreciate it.

4. I just find it amazing that because of technology or whatever today's kids can indulge in physical contact much easier than they can interact in the simplest social situations.

In my day it was the exact opposite. I could charm the best of them but when it came to making my move I was scared shitless.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So facebook her.

God, when did boys become such pussies?

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I blame soccer.

7. BRoth

BRoth Member

Hey, there's always this motto to follow: http://www.starterupsteve.com/swf/Group_X_video.html

Look at it this way, even if you end up not doing anything, at least you've got a leg up on the typical frat guy who wouldn't give a shit about thinking twice about any of this.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Will you be my facebook friend? :D

9. joe

joe Active Member

Jesus Christ, I read both pages of this and the kid still hasn't called? What the fuck is wrong with this world?

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I second the motion!

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Our generation has become too accustomed to doing stuff the easy way. That includes sex. You find someone on a personal site, you drop them like a bad habit if they don't show interest, and your feelings aren't hurt.

Not like I'd ever fall into that trap ...

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So is that also why women have become the new men? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.