1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh. My. God. I finished writing a movie.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Feb 9, 2008.

1. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Surprisingly, not many. I need to fix this...

2. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Re: Oh. My. God. I finished writing a movie- New Updates 7/10/08

Done with the third draft, and it's about 100 times better than the first draft. Eliminated a couple characters, tightened up some scenes and generally improved the movie in every way.

Going through one major copy edit, one more scene-by-scene edit and then out to the contacts we have, which now include the president of Lakeshore entertainment and a producer for Million Dollar Baby. We're solid gold, guys.

3. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Newest updates, guys.

Script is done, finally, with 128 pages in Final Draft and 90 in Microsoft Word.

We're debating now whether to get an agent — if anyone has a literary or theatrical agent that can be trusted, please PM me — or to just pitch it to our connections.

Here are the connections, now:
    Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Shlossberg, the writers of Harold and Kumar go to White Castle.
    James Franco
    The president of Lakeshore Entertainment
    A producer for Universal
    Several lower-level production assistants.

Let's hope one of them turns out...

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Tell James Franco he was never better than he was on Freaks & Geeks.

Also ask him if he ever knocked up Kim Kelly.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

There's no way you don't find a connection to Kevin Bacon on here.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it the remake of Red Dawn!?!

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Oh sweet God in heaven I hope so.

8. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

One of the coolest moments of my life: I opened up the mail today to find a bound, professional copy of the script, sent overnight mail from Gary Luchessi, the president of Lakeshore Entertainment. Turns out I had to sign a release for him to read it, but didn't know.

Included a nice note saying he was looking forward to reading it and a thank you.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

That's cool GBNF, good luck. I have always wanted to write something like that.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Thanks man, I appreciate it. It was a long time coming, but a lot of fun. Crossing my fingers right about now..

11. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Good luck.... Hope that we see your stuff on the big screen... now, if you need an extra or two... :)

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Status update: A production company in L.A. is considering optioning the script. Haven't talked money yet. Script No. 2 about 70 pages in. First draft ready in about a month if anyone interested.

Draft saved Draft deleted