1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh my God, food horror!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

McDonald's is only fit for hangover food . . . the kind of hangover where you know whatever you eat is only going to come up anyway.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I don't care for McDonald's. I prefer McDowell's.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I don't think he feels the same about you.

And was that a Coming to America reference?

4. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Just the thought of a McNugget makes me gag. The "breading" alone is horrific. That's not even accounting for the "meat."

I have to turn the channel every time that McNugnut commercial comes on where the lady is serving the nuggets as hors' doevres (not spell checking today) with the little toothpicks. No frickin' way.

5. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Yes, Mikey. It was Coming to America.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Nope, anything that comes out of that fro-yo-esque machine is not fit for consumption. Sorry, McFlurry/McShake fans. I cleaned those machines as a manager. I know.

And I still love the mcnuggets (those and the fries are the only things I'll still consume after eight months of McWork), but I always check them thoroughly ... had a dad come back through the drive-thru once with his daughter and her nugget meal. Threw the bag at me and told me to open the nuggets. A crane fly had gotten fried onto a nugget during the oil dunk and was sitting right on top when the little girl opened the box.

I couldn't look at mcnuggets, let alone eat them, for a year, but i've recently come back around to their horrifically bad goodness.

7. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

So, you only worked there for eight months and managed to reach manager status?

That doesn't say much for that McD's location.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I knew watching that movie three times would pay off eventually.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Freeze, you diseased rhinocerous pizzle! (woof, woof, woof)

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say, if you work at just about ANY restaurant and see what goes on in the kitchen you'd never eat out again. If you visit a slaughterhouse and see what goes on, you'll never eat meat again. And if you read about what's in the soil and water most veggies are grown in, you'd never eat those, either.
    So don't think about this stuff too much or you'll starve.

11. newgrad2008

newgrad2008 New Member

I didn't eat McNuggets for years until they made them the all white meat again. I bit into one when I was 10 or 11 and it was raw. I have had a raw chicken complex ever since.

I tried eating them after that, but the dark meat always tasted raw because of the texture, so I can only eat the overly dry white meat nuggets.

12. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

I worked at a dine-in restaurant for years. Never once saw something that would make me wretch.

Can't say the same for the times during my teenage years when I worked at Subway (before they required gloves) and Dairy Queen, where some of the cooks would serve hamburger patties that had been sitting under the heat lamps for hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted