1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh love...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Diabeetus, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I apologize if this is a d_b, but I searched and didn't find it. This is a story where the picture says it all. From the Daily Mail:

They're an odd couple in every sense but a monkey and a pigeon have become inseparable at an animal sanctuary in China.

The 12-week-old macaque - who was abandoned by his mother - was close to death when it was rescued on Neilingding Island, in Goangdong Province.

After being taken to an animal hospital his health began to improve but he seemed spiritless - until he developed a friendship with a white pigeon.

The blossoming relationship helped to revive the macaque who has developed a new lease of life, say staff at the sanctuary.

Now the unlikely duo are never far from each other's side, but they aren't the only ones to strike up an unusual friendship.

Earlier this year a pig adopted a tiger cub and raised him along with her piglets because his mother couldn't feed him.

And in 2005 a baby dear named Mi-Lu befriended lurcher Geoffrey at the Knowsley Animal Park in Merseyside after she was rejected by her mother.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=481601&in_page_id=1811

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

From the thread title, I thought it was going to be about this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070913/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cambodia_strange_love;_ylt=ArfZJYTx_mOR0HAUR0KDWAUsQE4F

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - A Cambodian man was arrested after injecting a woman with his own blood in a bizarre scheme to win her affections, police said Wednesday.

The 22-year-old man is being held by police for allegedly causing injury to a 21-year-old woman, said Tan Sophal, a police officer in Battambang province where the attack occurred. It is about 155 miles northwest of the capital, Phnom Penh.

The man allegedly injected a syringe of his blood into the woman's rib cage and waist as she walked home from school, Tan Sophal said.

The assailant fell in love with the woman when the two were classmates in 2004, Tan Sophal said. After the woman refused his advances, he came up with the scheme to inject her with his blood, he said.

"He thought that if he could not marry her, at least his blood can stay inside her body," Tan Sophal said. "That's why he injected her with his blood."

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

& that is a very cute pic.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Well, that's just strange.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It's beyond cute. I'll just pretend I didn't read the other story.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

That picture is incredible.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What's a lurcher?

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lurcher

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, how about that.
    You learn something new every day, if you're lucky.
    Thanks, IJAG. I honestly had never heard of a lurcher before.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The monkey or the blood guy?

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

The blood guy is adorable.

Draft saved Draft deleted