1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh, Lord. ESPN planning a late-night show.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dickens Cider, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I'm placing the over/under on suckitude at The Magic Hour. I'm taking the over.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08272008/tv/espn_joins_late_night_126264.htm

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Fozzie?

3. KP

KP Active Member

Will they call it Hot Pizza?

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a surprise if they've thought about that.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Whoa, a television show with ESPN personalties voicing their opinions on the latest and greatest sports news. This is practically unheard of. I can't believe someone didn't think of this sooner.

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Didn't they already try this with Jay Mohr? Wasn't it an unmitigated disaster?

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I was being sarcastic, sans blue font, because it sounds just like PTI, Around the Horn, Cold Pizza, First Take, First and 10, every feature on Sportscenter, Outside the Lines, certain ESPN News Features, the Sports Reporters, NFL Live, Baseball Tonight, Nascar Now, NBA Tonight, NHL Tonight, College Football Live, College GameDay, Big Monday, NFL Countdown, and any more that I might be missing.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They should get Simmons to host it.

9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I wasn't responding to your post, just pointing out that ESPN already did a "late-night sports talk show" a few years ago, and it sucked. Some short memories in Bristol.

10. patchs

patchs Active Member

This is right up Kenny Mayne's alley.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I would give it a shot if he were the host.

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

From the article: "ESPN 2's late night slate is currently something of a TV wasteland, with shows ranging from coverage of streetball to a NASCAR wrap-up show."

OK....So, if ESPN2 does this, won't it just be a bigger demonstration of more waste?

Draft saved Draft deleted