1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh crap.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Warning: Do not read this before/while eating. :eek: :-\ :-X

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071127/NEWS/711270347/1006/NEWS (via The Obscure Store)

A surgery meant to reverse a colostomy on a Dover man went horribly wrong last year, resulting in fecal mater being discharged from his penis and urine passing through his colon, according to a lawsuit filed in Superior Court.

During the procedure, the suit alleges doctors at Kent General Hospital improperly stapled the colon to the bladder instead of the rectal stump. This left the patient with diarrhea, as well as gas and liquid stool passing from his penis.

The man was taken to Christiana Hospital 12 days later to have the procedure corrected, but not until after much suffering and embarrassment as well as "disfigurement and disability," the suit claims. It also affected life at home with his wife, who also is suing the three doctors involved in the allegedly botched procedure, Surgical Associates P.A. and Bayhealth Medical Center Inc.

Bayhealth Medical and Surgical Associates, where the three doctors practice, declined to comment.

Dr. Scott D. Goldstein, director of colon and rectal surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, said he had not seen the suit and is not familiar with the specific case. He said this type of surgical error has been documented before, "but it should be rare as hen's teeth."
    The Dover couple is asking for unspecified damages, as well as costs and interest.

If I were one of the doctors, I'd definitely settle this case before it goes in front of a jury. Yikes.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Appropriate thread title. I'm sure this story will cross my mind the next time I aim for the bowl.

Thanks for that.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hi everybody!

[​IMG]

Look! It's the man who poops out his penis and pees out his ass!

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Hi, Dr. Nick.

Perfect.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

His wife considerately substituted the Readers' Digest that had been sitting atop the toilet for the Norton Critical Edition of The Brothers Karamazov.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I didn't even pick up on the thread title until I went back to the main page. Well done.

As for this dude -- a few weeks of hell is going to ensure his children's children's children aren't paying for their own school.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I do not doubt that his wife was, er, affected, but what case could she possibly have that wouldn't already be covered by her husband's suit?

Other than the Brown Bunny joke that's waiting for someone to take a swing at.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Bladder infection?

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Delaware's good for two things: passing through fecal matter as you travel down south and prank phone calls to QVC.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Just when you thought it was safe to come out of your homes again, the makers of 2girls1cup are back at it again. This time, it's double the pleasure and double the fun. Stay tuned for 2doctors1patient!

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

C'mon that's not true.

There's that Cracker Barrel right off the bridge. That's pretty good.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hi. I'm in Delaware.

Draft saved Draft deleted