1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh boy. On which board should I post this story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 26, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

"After the wedding the suspect's dog and the bride and groom's dog got into a fight."

Best part of the story.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Doc would not have typed "do to."

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Ya think? :D

Just playin', Doc.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Sister of the bride's eyewitness account:

After he finished his shooting spree, he tried to escape by driving across the low water bridge. His vehicle drowned out in the water, so he ran off and stole "a farm truck".

We need a "Shallow End of the Gene Pool Running Thread".

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

or Florida.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, he would have typed "do too." :D :D

9. Make that North Florida. Anywhere south of Lake City, 99 percent of the residents moved here after they were too old to contribute to the Gene Pool.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Hey JR, I've been thinking of starting a new thread. Any ideas as to what it should be called?

11. lono

lono Active Member

The story, in English:

Little Rock, AR (AHN) - A newlywed couple remain in critical condition Monday at an undisclosed hospital after being shot by a stranger shortly after exchanging "I dos" at their outdoor wedding in Pope County, Arkansas on Saturday.

A guest and a bystander, both unidentified, were also shot by 29-year-old Patrick Paul Duvall at the wedding of Melissa Smith and Mike Beavers along Piney Creek north of Dover. The guest also remained hospitalized while the bystander had been released after treatment.

The Pope County Sheriff's office has arrested the gunman, who is facing four felony counts of first-degree battery. The suspect also faces a felony charge of vehicle theft for stealing a truck to escape after the shooting.

A CBS report said Duvall and the couple had an argument during the wedding after a fight between their dogs. Duvall went to his car, got a gun, returned to the wedding party and began shooting.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One on hand, I'm glad it turned out this way, because I thought F_B was going to discuss the 25-foot ethernet cable and his ability to bring his computer into the loo.
    On the other, after reading the story, I would rather it be about the cable...

Draft saved Draft deleted