1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ogilvy/Letterman Top 10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, Jun 20, 2006.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anyone catch Geoff Ogilvy doing Letterman's Top 10 list last night? I didn't get a chance to write it down quickly enough and I'm on the road so I couldn't replay it on my TiVo and I'd like to run it on my golf page tomorrow. A couple were pretty funny.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Easy enough. From the CBS website:

Top Ten Things That Went Through Geoff Ogilvy's Mind After Winning The U.S. Open

10. "This is one of those things you never forget like seeing John Daly in the locker room naked"

9. "I wish I hand't put all my money on Phil Mickelson"

8. "Even I've never heard of me"

7. "Now I can take a vacation from the grind of playing golf all day"

6. "Crap - - I'm gonna have to go on Letterman"

5. "After all these years, I can finally use my 'World's Greatest Golfer' mug"

4. "I can quit my day job at Outback Steakhouse"

3. "What would Reteif Goosen do?"

2. "I hope this victory isn't overshadowed by America's world cup excitment"

1. "Thank you, Balco!"

3. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

I have to say, that one is really good.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My readers thank you. (Me too.) I couldn't find the damn thing for some reason. Thanks again.

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

I saw it. I would have liked to have him sit and chat for a while. Surely it would have been more entertaining that whatever Sandler had to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted