1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official SJ.com Las Vegas gathering, April 1-April 3, 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

They were all drunk, though, so I don't know if they count.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

It's nice to be home and posting from my beloved computer instead of Buckdub's phone... he was trusting enough to let me post from his phone without fear of making him look stupid. But I missed the opportunity to post "I love Ohio State" under his name... damn.

It was a great, great time. My first trip to Vegas, my first legal sports wager, my first trip to In-and-Out burger, Sportschick's first trip to Sephora. It was awesome to meet people and put faces to screen names. Chickie is a lot of fun to hang out with.

A few notes:

- I can pass out any time, any where, no matter what is going on. And I thank those of you in the room for not writing on my face in Sharpie.

- I never thought Darling Joe could rock the leather pants, but they looked good on him. On his way to Darling Nikki status, indeed.

- Tits are currency in Vegas.

- A few people got drunk dialed. A few people drunk dialed us. Some got drunk texted. By the time I was good and drunk enough to really start dialing, it was 4 a.m. Sunday. That would have been 8 a.m. Monday morning on the East Coast, and I didn't think anyone wanted to talk to drunkards over their cornflakes.

- Pink frou-frou drinks were consumed. And not just by the girls.

- The Palms was cool, and the in-house music system had a great mix going 24-7. The only strange thing was when SC and I were momentarily stuck in a blacked-out elevator and the only thing working was the music.

- I have got to get a phone that can access websites.

Those of you who punked out on the trip, you missed out. Next year SC and I want to make a return trip with the Ladies of SportsJournalists.com.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Tits get the channel changed and extra-strong margaritas.

4. Sounds like a calendar. Who will be July?

5. sportschick

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm hurt.

I always thought of July as my month...

7. sportschick

You're not a chick though . . .

And buckweaver loves glitter. Somebody ask him. :D

8. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'll ask, though I'm sure he won't answer.
    Buckweaver, why do you like silver glitter?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have no trouble believing that. 8)

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I could understand if a woman was connected to the glitter.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In HS, I brought home a girl on NYE who had glitter all over her.

THAT was not easy to explain to mom.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I don't know, but it was all over me all weekend. Even ended up in my fucking beard. And I swear I never called the number on the back of the card the cabbie gave to Joe. 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted