1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official running NFL Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That might be the first time I've ever seen a defensive player get a roughing the passer penalty for hitting a quarterback too hard.
    I guess maybe Upshaw led with the helmet, but it wasn't helmet to helmet. He hit him in the chest, right where you're supposed to. Looked like a clean hit to me, especially since Roethlisberger still had the ball. Seems a bit ridiculous.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

it was a great hit. It was solid football, too bad the NFL is a weak product now

3. heyabbott

Extra point. 4 minute commercial time out. Kickoff touchback. 3 minute time out. 2yard pass play. End of quarter. 4 minute time out.

1 play for 4 seconds. 11. minutes of commercials.

4. heyabbott

3 and punt. Fair catch. Commercials.

5. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

The Steelers defense is quite bad.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Haven't been paying close attention, but were there a couple of long drives without timeouts in there? Could be they had to make up some ad time.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Le'Veon Bell looks like a different player with his 25 lb weight loss

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is an understatement. They suck.The tackling has been atrocious and they are getting no pressure on Flacco.

The offense is stopping itself with stupid mistakes. Justin Brown showed he is ready to fill Emmanuel Sanders' shoes with a killer fumble on the first drive. The Steelers can't afford to wast scoring opportunities with that defense.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Last Thursday for shits and giggles I switched back-and-forth from watching U.S. Open tennis to the Seahawks-Packers opener.

On the eighth switch I actually saw players on a field. Other seven times were in the middle of commercials.

10. outofplace

Now we have two ridiculous personal foul calls against the Steelers to balance out the one against the Ravens.

We also have more evidence that Troy Polamalu is killing that defense. He can't cover and he misses far too many tackles. There is no excuse for him not picking up Owen Daniels on that last touchdown.

The Steelers wasted far too many opportunities in the first half and the defense isn't good enough for them to get away with it.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You're not going to get much sympathy here, despite your weekly lamentations.

12. outofplace

Quoted to preserve more proof when fart boy claims that he doesn't troll the NFL threads.

Draft saved Draft deleted