1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official Royals suck thread...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Re: Royals getting no hit through six...

After about a billion division championships shouldn't it be just about time for John Schuerholz to return to KC and clean up this mess. Yeah, I know it's stupid, but let me dream.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Simon, I wish I could quit too, but unlike that phony fuck in Maryland, I can't. I just can't. Frontrunners and people like that guy bother me the most among those of us who consider ourselves fans.

It's times like these that are supposed to make the winning times sweeter. But when I've seen two high school teams already who could give this line up a run for its money, it's very difficult to see the bottom of the abyss.

3. Re: Royals getting no hit through six...

And good ol' Allard Baird trots out the old "I don't read the newspapers" quote.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14514345.htm

4. doubledown68

Dude's gonna wanna read the wanted ads soon. Think "the plan" will work when he applies at Sears, err, Wal-Mart?

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

Baird will be fired before Thursday or he won't be fired for a while. The next home series is May 19-20-21 and that's the Cardinals invasion.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Is there more talent in Wichita than there is right now in Kansas City? Halfway-serious question.

7. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Rather than start a new thread, just thought I'd revive this one for a moment.

The Royals are 10-35. According to The KC Star, that's the third-worst record through 45 games by any ML team since 1901 (the 1932 Red Sox and 1988 Orioles both raced out to a 9-36 record). How many games can this team lose?

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'm pretty sure the '32 BoSox had a fellow named Smead Jolley on that team. Boy, that team sure sucked, right Spirited?

9. Who Knows

Who Knows Member

They were up 6-0 after the first inning today after jacking three home runs (four in the game). Ended up losing 13-8 after the Tigers scored eight runs in the eighth and ninth innings (three home runs in the ninth).

Think it's up to 13 consecutive losses now.

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Just in case you guys haven't heard, a minor league team in Massachussettes (in an 80- or 90-game sked) has said they will win more games than the Royals this year. They said they would donate something like 1000 bucks or something to a Royals charity if they lose, and the Royals had to do a little higher donation. Pretty f-ing funny -- especially considering the same team almost did it last year.

11. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Smead Jolley? I knew about the blown 6-0 lead this afternoon and the whole Minor League team boast, but I had never heard of Smead Jolley. (Turns out he batted .309 that season, hit 18 home runs and drove in 99 runs. The rest of his teammates combined to bat .245, hit 35 home runs and drive in 430 runs. So much for getting a little help.)

While we're on the subject, a few notes about those '32 Sawx and '88 Orioles. Those pitifully bad Red Sox didn't win consecutive games until July 13, and only won three straight twice. They also started 9-40. The Orioles, meanwhile, started 9-38, so at least the Royals have something to shoot for.

(Oh, and one other completely oddball note, only one team notched a season sweep against the '88 Orioles. That's right, the once-mighty Royals.)

12. doubledown68

Glad to see someone revived this thread before I did. Holy fucking christ. 8 runs in the last two innings...nobody sucks this bad by accident. This is a level of putridness that must be worked at.

Draft saved Draft deleted