1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Official NCAA Lacrosse Championship Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, May 24, 2007.

1. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Honestly, I'd be totally good with Duke winning it, too. That would be one hell of a party, you can be sure of that.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Forget any of that. If you cheer for Duke, you cheer for Christian Laettner and IJAG. And do you really want THAT on your conscience?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/page.cfm?pagerid=2&news=fdetail&storyid=153910

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Caught the last eight minutes of the Cornell-Duke game, just enough to see the Big Red make a massive comeback, tie it with 11 seconds left, then lose on a Duke goal with three seconds left. Didn't know Christian Laettner played lacrosse.

I guess if nobody posted during either game, it's not a good sign for its acceptance as a college sport by sports journalists.

5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Go Duke. I want to read the stories if they win. Props on Duke's victory over Cornell. Didn't get to see it, but I heard it was a hell of a game.

6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who SI has in mind to write the story if Duke wins it all? That has potential to be an incredible read, but could also be a disaster if not done well.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It was a fantastic game, even though I was rooting for Cornell. They had one hell of a comeback, but the defense was not set after the last faceoff.

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Delaware lost big because Alex Smith won only 7 of 15 faceoffs. Cue BYH: FRAUD!!!

Crappy job by ESPN not putting any 'flashback' footage on the screen during the fourth quarter of Duke-Cornell. Duke coach John Danowski's last Hofstra team blew a five-goal lead in the quarters to UMass last year, but Duke almost did that one better, blowing a six-goal lead. But the Blue Devils managed to win in regulation, rather than lose in OT as Hofstra did.

Hopkins' D is better than I thought it was, so I'll say: Hopkins 9, Duke 8 in the final.

9. suburbanite

That's a valid point.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

C'mon. If it's not the NFL, Red Sox, Yankees or Duke, ESPN doesn't have file footage. You really think they could find a Hofstra clip to save their lives? :D

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed. and good.

12. suburbanite

You're right, especially because there was no 'Pirates of the Caribbean' tie-in to that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted